Please kindly read and fully understand all of our terms& conditions before making bookings in any forms (telephone, online, directly or indirectly…)
Acceptance of the following policies, terms and conditions is required for participation in the Hanoi Free Tour Guides (HFTGs) organization.
• Members of HFTGs and HFTGs guides are volunteers who provide guide services out of their own goodwill.
• Any and all persons who request and/or utilize the services of HFTGs will be referred to as «guest(s)» hereafter.
While HFTGs guiding services are totally free of charge, guests are responsible for the following expenses:
• TRAVEL EXPENSES INCURRED BY THE GUIDE while conducting a tour for the guests. These include any and all public transportation fees, taxi fares incurred after meeting the guest at the appointed meeting place. Guests are not responsible for costs incurred by the guide while traveling to or from the meeting place both before and after the tour period. ADMISSION FEES to museums, temples, events etc. incurred by the guide while providing guide services.
• MEALS eaten by the guide while providing his or her services to the guest(s).
3. Inappropriate Conduct
HFTGs and its volunteers reserve the right to terminate guiding services at any point during the tour if the guest(s) exhibit any of the following behavior:
• UNSAFE or ILLEGAL BEHAVIOR.
• INAPPROPRIATE SEXUAL BEHAVIOR or advances. This includes sexual behavior initiated by the guest(s) toward the guide, occurring among the guest(s) and or that initiated by the guest(s) toward persons outside of the tour group.
• INTOXICATION AND ILLICIT DRUG ABUSE.
• REFUSING to cover expenses incurred by the guide as outlined in the above section on expenses.
• ANY CONDUCT, BEHAVIOR, OR ACTION that the guide feels is inappropriate or offensive or reflects poorly upon his or her self or HFTGs.
4. Statement of Limited Liability
HFTGs and its guides are not responsible for any illnesses, injuries, thefts, losses, or any resulting damages incurred by the guest(s) while using HFTGs services. The guest(s) accept(s) full responsibility for any damages, injuries, or losses that he/she/they may incur while using HFTGs services.
5. Right to Refuse Service, Conflicts of Interest
HFTGs can refuse to offer its services and/or terminate its services to the guest(s) at any point for the following reasons:
• The guest(s) provide(s) false information through the booking form when requesting a guide and/or e-mail exchanges with HFTGs.
• The guest(s) attempt(s) to profit or gain monetarily from HFTGs services or operate(s) a business which attempts to profit or gain from HFTGs services.
• The guest(s) request(s) to engage in «sexual tourism» in any form or fashion. This includes but is not limited to requests to visit brothels, sexual goods shops, adult book stores and other similar venues which HFTGs deems inappropriate for its guide services.
• The guide(s) may cancel appointments with due notice if unavoidable reasons or extreme circumstances (e.g., extreme weather conditions, natural disaster, etc.) occur.
6. Sudden Cancellation by Guest(s)
HFTGs reserves the right to refuse service to guest(s) who have previously cancelled guide appointments without due notice. This excludes cases in which cancellation was for unavoidable reasons or extreme circumstances.
7. Cases in Which HFTGs May be Unable to Provide a Guide
In the following cases, HFTGs may be unable to provide a guide to the guest(s):
• There are too many booked inquiries and or a shortage of available guides.
• A guide cannot be found who is able to meet the guest’s request (e.g., starting a tour from 5.00 a.m)
8. Acceptance of Policies, Terms and Conditions of HFTGs
I, the guest, by sending booking form, booking inquiry emails or any other forms of making reservation do hereby state my absolute acceptance of the policies, terms and conditions of HFTGs as outlined in this agreement.