How much does it cost to use guide service?
Our guide services are totally free of charge. However, please kindly prepare to pay all the expenses of the volunteer guide during the tour, such as admission fees, restaurant meals, transportation fees, etc.
Do I have to give a tip?
While tipping is not mandatory, it is greatly appreciated. If you had a wonderful time, a small tip is a meaningful way to show your appreciation. Your generosity helps us maintain the quality of our tours and supports our guides. Thank you for considering tipping as a way to support our organization.
We are a group of 8 people, and can we request a guide?
We may arrange two (or more) volunteer guides. Please be prepared to pay the expenses of these volunteer guides.
What languages do guides speak?
Currently, we have English, Chinese, French, Russian, Korean, Japanese, German, Spanish, Italian and Vietnamese speaking volunteer guides. It is Hanoi Free Tour Guides’ great effort to extend our services in more languages to serve more tourists from all over the world visiting our country.
Can I request a guide for weekdays?
Yes, you can.
When should I request a volunteer guide?
We recommend you request as soon as possible before the planned date for the tour. However, please don’t hesitate to email us or book at any time even short notice. We will inform you whether your requested tour can be confirmed.
Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, Hanoi Free Tour Guides Tour Operation Department will reply you shortly.
How can I book a tour with HFTGs?
Please apply using the BOOKING FORM. You can also contact us via email: email@example.com. After receiving your inquiry, we will reply you as soon as possible.
In the event, you wish to email us for reservation, kindly complete the following information:
Email us with sufficient information as indicated as follows:
1. Number of guests:
2. Name of representative (please provide us your hotel check-in name so our guide can ask receptionists for help in case of necessity).
3. Available mobile phone number (in use in Vietnam) if yes (our guides may directly phone you in case she/he can’t find you at hotel lobby).
2. Your hotel address ( please provide the address as detailed as possible because some hotels have same names but different addresses)
3. Date and time for pick-up
4. Places for visiting, in case you have no ideas, our guides can directly suggest you to make it suitable with your time and your interests.
5. Means of transportation: Please note that taxi is the most popular, Please feel free to tell us if you want to travel by another mean of transportation or on foot.
6. Preferred guiding language: (English, Mandarin Chinese, French, Russian, Korean, Japanese, German or Vietnamese).
You can make request of volunteers speaking different languages for the same tour in case there are different requests on
guiding languages from people in your group.
Where do I meet my guides?
Our guides will meet you right at your hotel.
Tour options for reference
FULL DAY (normally start at 8am(summer), 9am(winter) and finish at around 5pm)
* Option 1: Hochiminh complex, Temple of Literature, Sword lake area (including Ngoc Son Temple), French Quarter and Old Quarter
* Option 2: Temple of Literature, West lake area, Hoalo prison and Museum of Ethnology (or Women’s Museum)
* Option 3: Temple of Literature, Museum of Ethnology (or Women’s Museum), Old Quarter, Sword lake area (including Ngoc Son Temple) and French Quarter.
* Option 4: Old Quarter, Sword lake area (including Ngoc Son Temple), Museum of Ethnology (or Women’s Museum) and
1 out of 2 handicraft villages (Bat Trang pottery village and Van Phuc silk village)
* Option 5: Bat Trang pottery village and Van Phuc silk village
HALF DAY (normally start at 9am(winter), 8am(summer) for the morning one and 2pm for the afternoon one)
* Option 1: Old Quarter,Sword lake area (including Ngoc Son Temple), French Quarter and Long Bien bridge.
* Option 2: Museum of Ethnology (or Women’s Museum), Sword lake area.
* Option 3: 1 out of 2 handicraft villages ( Bat Trang pottery village or Van Phuc silk village)
* Option 4: Hochiminh complex, Temple of Literature and West lake area
* Option 5: Hoa Lo prison, Sword lake area, Old Quarter and French Quarter.
* Option 6: Night market tours on weekend nights ( Friday, Saturday and Sunday): Start at 7pm to late 9, 10 pm.
The above suggested itinerary is just for reference, it is very flexible, you can directly discuss with our guide for recommendations and suitable arrangement.
To book a tour please provide us information as above and email us at firstname.lastname@example.org Thanks so much and wish you best time ever in Vietnam.