Some reliable Taxi companies are listed below with their own phone numbers.
– Mai Linh Taxi: 04.38.222.666
– ThanhNga Taxi: 04.38.215.215 (only 4 seats car)
– ABC Taxi: 04.37.19.19.19
– NoiBai Taxi: 043.886.8888 (Specialize in Airport transportation)
– Viet Thanh Taxi: 043.563.6666 (Specialize in Airport transportation)
In terms of transportation around the city, the price is around 11.000 – 15.000VND/km. (updated in 2015)
In terms of airport transportation (update in 2014):
– The average price for Hanoi-NoiBai Airport or NoiBai Airport- Hanoi is around 200.000 – 550.000 VND/trip for 5 seats, 8 seats and 16 seats taxi (1 way)
– The average price for Hanoi-NoiBai Airport or NoiBai Airport- Hanoi is around 480.000 – 800.000 VND/trip for 5 seats, 8 seats and 16 seats taxi (round trip)
The average price for short- term motorbike rental is about $7/day and $50/week for the most popular motorbike like Honda Wave Alpha.
– The address in Hanoi Old Quarter location: 6B Tam Thuong St, Hanoi, Vietnam
– The address in Tay Ho (West Lake) location: No.27, Alley 52, To Ngoc Van St, Hanoi, Vietnam
– Some other suggestions:
+Phung Motorbike, No. 13 Ngo Huyen Street, HoanKiem Dist. (rent fee: 5-10 USD/day)
+Flamingo Travel, no. 66 Dao DuyTu Street, Hanoi, Vietnam (rent fee: 6-12 USD/day)
Note: Helmet and driving license are required by law and make sure to check your travel insurance’s policy accordingly if you intend to rent motorbikes anyway
Rental shop: Quan’s Motorbike & Bicycle Rentals
Address: 70 Hang Bac St, HoanKiem, Hanoi, Vietnam
Phone: 0904244941 (Call to ask for the price)
Cyclo (Three- wheeled pedicab):
– Normally, cyclo is suitable for exploring around Hanoi Old Quarter area.
– Asking the hotel receptionist for hiring a cyclo and negotiating the price for you. The price is around $7- $8/hour/cyclo.
Xeom (Motorbike taxi):
– In every street in Vietnam, you can easily find this service with the driver hanging a sign reads “XE OM” in front of the motorcycle.
– Ask the price clearly to reach an agreement before sitting down on the pillion. Generally, the price depends on the distance, the quality of the road, or even the weather. 10,000VND-15,000VND per kilometer is reasonable.